The 2nd edition of my book was published in January 2014 by Trotman Publishing as part of their You’re Hired! series.
The title of the book is Your’re Hired: Total Job Search
To order your copy please click here.
Here’s a brief description of the book.
Looking for a new job can be challenging at the best of times. Whether you are a school leaver or a CEO, managing a successful job search campaign and getting offered the right job is going to be a key event in your life.
- Are you confident that your CV is really selling your skills and experience to employers?
- Do you know how to use the internet and social media to optimise your job search?
- Are you confident about your ability to perform well at interviews and assessments?
After reading Total Job Search, you will know how to target your CV to ensure that recruiters and employers will want to short-list you for interviews. And using the smart techniques described in this book you will walk into job interviews and assessments ready to answer the toughest interview questions, make a great presentation, take part in role plays and confidently complete a battery of ability tests and personality questionnaires.
You will also learn:
- How to plan your job search
- How to use the right keywords in your CV
- How to write an effective cover letter
- How to build a network of new contacts to generate more opportunities
- How to find unadvertised vacancies
- How to deal with recruitment consultants and headhunters
- How to prepare for different kinds of interviews
- And much, much more!
Total Job Search is the TOTAL guide to managing your job search the smart way. With years of experience as an executive search consultant, the author provides you with the all the inside advice that you will need to put you ahead of the competition and help you find the job that you really want.